I would like to share with you a recipe we prepared at the second class of the “Farm to Table” cooking series I am hosting this summer.
We made a huge assortment of all Raw delicacies, starting the evening with a Smoked Cashew Cheese and Essene Bread platter, just to warm everyone up. Then, we went out to the garden, where we picked squash, zucchinis, tomatoes, basil, and arugula, and came back into the kitchen to prepare it all.
This was truly a hands on experience. Everyone took a recipe, the kitchen was upside down, and 2 hours later we sat down for an elegant, candle lit dinner. The meal started with Green Gazpacho Soup, followed by Bruschetta with Herbed Cashew Cheese. The main course was Raw Summer Squash Lasagna, or “Rawsagna,” accompanied by Zucchini Spirals with Pesto, a Wilted Kale Salad with Pepita and Pomegrante Seeds, and an Arugula Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette. For dessert we had Lemon Lime Raspberry Cheesecake Tart and Orange Chocolate Ganache Cake.
It was so much fun, and in addition to sharing the recipe for Green Gazpacho Soup with you below, I’d love to see you in person at my next class, which is coming up this Thursday, August 23rd! We will focus in this class on Vegetarian cooking. The last class of the series is Thursday, August 30th, with a menu of local fish and seafood. For information and to register for one or both of these classes, please see the event listings on our Events calendar!
Recipe: Green Gazpacho Soup
- 4 cups green heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño
- 2 organic green peppers
- 2 ripe avocados (add extra virgin olive oil if the avocados aren’t ripe enough)
- 2 green onions, sliced, including green tops
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste if desired
- white pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Pulse tomatoes, cucumbers, garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, and green peppers in a food processor until well blended.
- Add avocados and green onions and pulse some more.
- Add the fresh squeezed lime juice, vinegar, olive oil, and water as well as cumin, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Blend.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Diet tags: Raw