Squash Vegetable Lasagna
Preheat oven to 375*. You will need a 9” x 13” casserole pan.
1 butternut Squash, de-seeded and sliced
½ t. salt
3 Tbs. pesto
2 red onion, chopped
2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2 Tbs. minced garlic
¼ cup white wine
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
3 cups grated Gruyere cheese
1 red onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 cups packed, finely chopped Kale & Swiss Chard
2 cups Swiss Chard stalks, diced
2 small peppers
1 cup walnuts, chopped
¼ cup garlic scapes, (if you don’t have these, add 1 Tbs. more garlic)
1 Tbs. minced garlic
2 Tbs. white wine
½ lb fresh mozzarella, sliced
1. Sauté onion and shallot in olive oil with 2 Tbs. minced garlic. When onions are translucent, add the cherry tomatoes. Cook for 3 minutes, then add the salt, and ¼ cup of white wine. Cook for 3 more minutes until the wine has evaporated. Add 3 Tbs. pesto and parmesan cheese and cook for 1 minute.
2. Remove tomato mixture into a bowl and set aside.
3. Toast the walnuts for 5 minutes, until fragrant. Chop
4. In same pan, sauté the remaining onion, celery, Swiss Chard stalks, peppers, garlic scapes and garlic. Add the 2 Tbs. wine. Add the chopped greens and cook down. Remove from heat and add walnuts.
5. Grease the bottom and sides of the casserole pan.
6. Line the bottom of casserole pan with the slices of potato
7. Add ½ of the tomato mixture to the casserole pan in an even layer.
8. Add ½ of the kale mixture in an even layer.
9. Add the 1-1/2 cups of grated Gruyere cheese, and spread out in even layer.
10. Add an even layer of the eggplant slices over the cheese.
11. Add the remaining tomato mixture to the casserole pan in an even layer.
12. Add the squash slices in an even layer over the tomatoes.
13. Cover the squash slices with the remaining kale mixture and spread in an even layer on top of the casserole.
14. Sprinkle the parsley over the kale and cover the top with a layer of the remaining gruyere cheese
15. Cover with tin foil and bake at 375* for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, and cover with slices of fresh mozzarella. Cover again and bake for 20 more minutes, until cheese is melted.