Donald Trump’s Nominee for Office of Chemical Safety is Linked to Monsanto
Michael Dourson has spent his career trying to make it easier for pesticide companies like Monsanto and Dow to douse our food in their toxic products. Thankfully, momentum is building to stop Dourson’s nomination in the Senate. Earlier this week, both Senators from North Carolina spoke out against him.
New York Solar Energy is Under Attack and Our Communities need Help!
Learn more about what’s happening to the NYS net-metering changes here, then show up to a LIPA hearing on November 27th!
10am – H. Lee Dennison Building – 100 Veterans HWY Hauppauge, NY
2pm – LIPA – 333 Earle Ovington Blvd., Ste. 403 Boardroom A Uniondale, NY
- Submit written testimony to LIPA here.
- Watch this video from our leadership staff on our proposed changes.
Tell Whole Foods that consumers expect better! Please drop Diestel turkey products unless Diestel starts living up to its animal welfare and ‘No Chemical’ claims.
“When you pay more for a turkey product that meets Whole Foods’ (WFM) 5-Step Animal Welfare Rating standard, you probably don’t imagine that the turkeys behind that label endured “horrific conditions” in their short lives. But if you buy a Diestel Turkey product from WFM, even though WFM says the brand meets its 5-Step rating, that turkey likely endured the same conditions—overcrowding, illness, injury, pain, filth, excessive confinement—as a much lower-priced turkey raised on an industrial factory farm.” – EcoWatch
Please call Whole Foods and ask them to drop Diestel Turkey products.
Diestel Turkey, sold by Whole Foods and other retailers at premium prices, says on its website that its “animals are never given hormones, antibiotics or growth stimulants.” According to testing conducted under the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) National Residue Program, samples of Diestel Turkey products tested positive for numerous drug and antibiotic residues.
One of those drugs, chloramphenicol, is strictly prohibited by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) in food production because it’s known to have “severe toxic effects in humans including bone marrow suppression or aplastic anemia in susceptible individuals.”
Help the Cornucopia Institute pressure and convince the CEOs at the major grocery chains to:
· Implement clear signage identifying fruits and vegetables produced with hydroponic (soil-less) practices, so that consumers can differentiate them from nutrient-dense organic produce grown with careful soil stewardship and healthy ecosystems. Like GMOs, consumers have the right to know!
· Adopt sourcing policies from brands that procure organic milk and dairy products from family farmers that provide cows with ample pasture and humane treatment. Demand real organic farms — not factory farms!
· Create plans to change sourcing for the retailer’s store brand eggs to suppliers that allow hens real outdoor access to pasture, as federal organic law requires. Demand real organic farms — not factory farms!
You Can Still REJECT the Nebraska Pipeline NOW by Submitting Your Comment Today
The Nebraska pipeline is operated by TransCanada, the same company pushing that pushed for approval of the Keystone XL pipeline, which activists have been fighting for years.
Oil spills are inevitable when we allow pipelines to cut across our country, threatening our communities and our water supply and fueling the climate crisis. The spill in South Dakota earlier this week is just the latest example of why we need an immediate stop to fossil fuel infrastructure and a just, rapid transition to renewable energy.
The Nebraska Public Service Commission needs to hear from you — submit your comment now!